Monday, March 31, 2014

I have a case of the Mondays...

Monday.. I don't like you. It feels like my whole weekend just flew right by. The plus is, this time next week I'll be packing for my road trip to Texas. We leave next Tuesday night.

I'm sick of saying I'll "get back on the right path," only to fall off a few days later. That is essentially what I have been saying, and what has been happening for the past month or so. I'm not sure where or why I lost my motivation, but I don't like the changes I am seeing. I can feel the weight gain in my body, I can see it in my face.. I don't like it. My knees and back ache, it's just not good.

I weighed in yesterday and, miraculously, I was down a pound. That was the first loss I have had in quite some time. After I weighed in, I went to Blackwell with Michelle & her hubby Hicham. We walked Mt. Hoy, which showed me just how out of shape I am, and we did the trails. It felt good to be out and walking again. My feet weren't as bad as they were the other day when I decided to attempt a three mile walk after not walking since last year. Yeahhhh, that was stupid. Actually, I wasn't really attempting 3 miles or anything, but I pushed myself further than I should have. With how my feet felt, I honestly should have turned around and headed back home after 30 minutes. The issue is, I am really hard on myself. So rather than starting slow again, I talked myself into going further. At one point, I could literally feel the blisters forming on the bottoms of my feet. By then, I was already pretty far from home. When I finally got home, after taking a shortcut because my feet hurt so bad, I had blisters. I've noticed that I have more trouble walking on pavement and really flat surfaces than I do when I walk trails and grass. Also, I am in desperate need of a new pair of shoes.

After our walk, we went and had a late lunch, and then did our grocery shopping. When I got home, I put my groceries away and baked the chicken for the week. While I did pretty well at lunch, the evening wasn't as good. I really need to get my binges under control. I see why I do it now, which is a start. I really need to get back in the habit of portioning everything out. I've held off on doing the because I don't exactly have tons of room to put all this stuff, but if I have to actually think about what I'm going to eat, I'll just say "screw it" and then that makes an issue. Soooo tonight I'm going to get some small baggies and portion out a weeks worth of snacks. That way I'm not guessing and I can only eat what's in the bag.

One thing I am really hoping for is that Texas will be a reset button for me. I really need this trip. I need to get away for a bit, clear my head, and hopefully come home ready to get my butt back in gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment