Friday, January 25, 2013

WOBEAST mode :)

Hey everyone! Hope you are having an amazing Friday. :)

Soooooo, I've started my walking routine. I've walked the last three days at the mall. My first time around I did 4 laps which equates to 2.56 miles. I did the same Thursday. The only issue I'm having is shoes. Wednesday I wore a pair of sneakers that ended up giving me blisters, including a gnarly blood blister on one of my toes. So Thursday I wore another pair of sneakers that gave me more blisters and cut open the backs of my legs where the sneaker rubbed (I had socks on too...).

Believe it or not, I ended up walking today too. Honestly, that is how I know I see things differently this time around. Normally, I would have used the cuts and blisters on my feet as an excuse and would have stayed home. But I've made too much progress the last 2 weeks to give up like that. I strapped on my sneakers, drove to the mall, and managed to get 3 laps in which is 1.92 miles. Not my best, but I still walked. I also need to find a better pair of sneakers. Tonight I wore my Reeboks, but even those killed my feet. I know it's VERY likely its just all the weight I'm lugging around, but when I wear other things like my boots etc, it's never as bad. The sneakers just rub my feet wrong and I end up with killer blisters. I'm almost wondering if I should try some sort of gel insert for my shoes and maybe that will help. We will see. I'm also down for any suggestions, so bring em! :)

So the plan is to walk again tomorrow. I want to at least get in three laps again, though I would LOVE to get 4 laps in again. Next week I want to push for 5 laps, which would bring me to 3.20 miles. I'm taking it all one step at a time. I weigh in Sunday, so I'm anxious to see what my loss is this week. It's that time of the month for me, so I'm not expecting anything crazy.

As far as everything else goes, a great support system is in the process of being established. It's amazing how much support I get on FaceBook. I know some great people, and that really makes my life easier. Thursday I had a great lunch with my friend Katie. Her and her husband have been doing Crossfit, and she has a lot of information on how to eat, etc. She's actually food shopping with me when I get paid on Thursday so I can get what I need on a limited budget. She's a pro with that sort of thing. I've pretty much been maintaining a very Paleo-esque diet the last six months or so, and she is the same way. So I know she will be able to help me make the most with my budget, all while maintainng a paleo diet. I'm excited!

ALSO, I have some big news coming in the next few months. I can't say what it is now, as I want to get more established with it and into a routine... but I think it may shock some of you.. but in a good way. Don't worry, it's nothing crazy. I'm just a glutton for punishment and know I can do more with my work outs. This will offer me the kind of help, support, and discipline I so desperately need. I can't wait to tell you all! So stay tuned!

And with that, I hope you all have a great weekend! I may blog some more tomorrow. If not, for sure Sunday after my weigh in! Thanks for reading and for all the support! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment